- 1 What is the Access Bank Code?
- 2 Requirements to Use the Access Bank Code
- 3 How to register for the *901# Quick Banking
- 4 What Transactions Can I Perform With the Access Bank Code?
- 5 Is *901# Available on all Networks?
- 6 What is the Daily Limit for the *901# Services?
- 7 How long does it take to complete any transaction on *901#?
- 8 What are the Charges for all the Transactions on this Service?
- 9 Related
Read this article to know the Access Bank Code to buy airtime, transfer money and pay bills in 2021.
A number of transactions which are unknown to Access Bank Customers can be performed making use of their mobile phones. Well, some of them know about it, but probably don’t know how to go about it.
In fact, you don’t need to have an internet connection to perform transactions via this mode. Certainly, over 70% of Access Bank Users like you know about this also. But once again, do you know it’s been done? If your answer is NO, then this article is for you.
The mode of banking I’m about to introduce to you is known as USSD banking. It simply means banking by dialing a short code. As simple as that! A lot of purposes we go to the bank for can actually be done by dialling this short code.
If you are reading this, then you probably don’t know the Access Bank Code or you have forgotten it, as a result of not using it for quite a long time.
To clarify, every bank’s short code begins with the * followed by 3 digits then the #. Access bank’s is no different from the others.
Did you know that you could even pay for your monthly DSTV Subscription with this unique code? I guess you’re wowed.
Read Also: DSTV SUBSCRIPTION PRICE IN NIGERIA
Before even going into other features you enjoy on the service as an Access Bank customer. Do you know you can also open an Access Bank account via the USSD code? Yes, you certainly can. I will teach you how to do so in the following subheadings.
Moreover, that’s not all you could do with the Access Bank code, I will be telling you what other things you can do via the USSD banking in subsequent subheadings also.
In addition, all except interbank money transfer transaction are free using the Access bank code. However, the charge on interbank transfers cannot be up to the cost of going to a bank branch or making use of the internet.
Obviously, the question running through your mind now is “What is the Access Bank Code?” The answer to this question will be provided in the next section.
What is the Access Bank Code?
The Access Bank Code is *901#. However, not everyone can use this code! Don’t panic, once you meet the requirements, then you are eligible to make use of the code for your bank transactions.
As a result, I will be telling you the things you need for you to be able to make use to the Access Bank Code. But, if you have already met this requirements, then you can proceed to using the USSD banking.
Check Out: How to use renmoney for loans in Nigeria
Requirements to Use the Access Bank Code
Read this to know what you’ll need to make you eligible for the *901# quick banking service. Please note that these requirements are not applicable to individuals who want to open a new account.
- Firstly, you must be an Access Bank Customer. That is, you must own an Access Bank account(strictly sole signatory account).
- Secondly, your phone number must be linked to your access bank account(s).
- Your Phone must be able to conduct a USSD session( any phone that can dial Numbers).
- Your account must be naira-denominated.
- In addition, thee must be no form of restriction on your account.
- You must have a minimum of
N10 on your airtime balance.
- Lastly, and most importantly, you must have created a 4 digit PIN to authenticate all your USSD transactions. You can create this PIN by registering for the *901# banking.
How to register for the *901# Quick Banking
You might be thinking you will have to pay for the *901# registration. But, I can assure you the registration and the usage is absolutely free. You won’t be told to pay a dime.
Follow these steps carefully to register for the *901# Quick Banking;
- Using the Phone number linked to your Access Bank Account, dial *901#
- You will be required to provide your BVN and debit card details. Don’t worry, it’s 100% safe.
- Create your 4 digit PIN.
- Lastly, confirm the PIN by re-entering it.
Thereafter, you are fully set to use the Access Bank Code.
Also Read: Transfer codes for zenith bank in Nigeria
What Transactions Can I Perform With the Access Bank Code?
I mentioned in one of the previous subheadings that a lot of transactions can be performed via the *901# quick banking.
It is very fast and most of its services are free. So, I will give you a list of the transactions available on this service. Also, I will include the code which you can use to perform the transaction.
This code I will give you is for easy navigation and to help save time. It is simply a “short cut“. They are;
- Account Opening – *901*0#
- Funds Transfer – *901*amount*account no#
- Airtime Self – *901*amount #
- Airtime Others – *901*amount*phone no#
- Instant Payday Loan – *901*11#
- Balance Enquiry – *901*00#
- Money Transfers within Africa – *901*13#
- Merchant Payment, Bill Payment, others – *901#
- Opt out of Service – *901*911#
Is *901# Available on all Networks?
Yes, this service is available on all mobile networks (Airtel, Glo, MTN, 9mobile).
What is the Daily Limit for the *901# Services?
The daily limit is N20,000. Any daily transaction involving an amount exceeding this stipulated rate will not be successful.
Recommended: Diamond bank transfer USSD code
How long does it take to complete any transaction on *901#?
After dialing the code, the USSD session lasts for 2 mins, but any transaction can be completed in a minute.
What are the Charges for all the Transactions on this Service?
Like I said earlier, all transactions on *901# are free except inter bank transfers. To clarify this, I will give you a list of *901# features and the charges for each.
- Airtime for Self – Free
- Airtime for others – Free
- Account Opening – Free
- Data Purchase – Free
- Funds transfer to Access Account – Free
- Funds Transfer to Other banks – N80.00 + N4.00 (VAT)
- Merchant Payment – Free
- Bill Payment – Free
- OTP Generation – Free
Do you like this post and wish to appreciate Financial Expert? If Yes, then the only way you can do so is by sharing this post with others. Remember there’s love in sharing. Just click on any of the Social Media shortcuts below to share it.
Also, you can subscribe to our Newsletter to get notified whenever we post something new. That way, you wouldn’t miss on your favorite topics. Thank you.