- 1 How to buy Airtime from Kuda Bank
- 2 Requirements to purchase Airtime from Kuda bank
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions.
Need help in recharging a phone number via the Kuda bank app? This post will show you how to buy Airtime from Kuda bank without spending much money in 2021.
The year 2020, has not only been a challenging one due to the covid19 pandemic, but has also brought out the true colours of many commerical banks.
During this period, we all at some point got debited for unnecessary reasons. Many of us even got debited multiple times a day to the point that our account balance became negative.
In addition to that, there was an increase in the transfer fees. Some of these fees were even higher than the amount to be sent out. Well, we all had a Messiah which came to our aid. And it was, Kuda bank.
Kuda bank is registered and fully licensed as a Microfinance Bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria. It was formerly called Kudi Money Microfinance bank. Kuda operates solely as a full service digital-only bank.
So, they do not have branches like the regular commercial banks. This explains why they don’t deduct their customers’ funds anyhow. However, the financial institution had a head office situated at 151, Herbert Macaulay road, Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria.
We can all day Kuda is the best thing that has happened in the Nigerian banking sector. Banking on Kuda is usually and Strictly on-the-go. Opening an account with Kuda is quite easy and simple. You can transfer funds, pay bills, and also buy airtime.
This article will focus on how to buy airtime from Kuda either for yourself or for a friend. Check out be next heading for more.
How to buy Airtime from Kuda Bank
To purchase airtime from Kuda bank, follow the procedure stated below;
- Open the Kuda bank app
- Ensure your balance is greater than or equal to the amount of airtime you are willing to buy.
- Check the bottom of the screen. You will see some functions, which read (Home, Payments, Budget, Cards, & More) from the left to the right.
- Click “Payments”
- You will automatically be redirected to another page. Select the “Buy Airtime” from the list of options.
- Another page will pop up. Your account balance will appear at the bottom so you don’t enter an amount greater than your balance.
- Input the phone number you want to recharge. Ensure you reconfirm this before proceeding.
- Finally, select the network of the phone number you are recharging.
- Then, click “next” which is at the top right corner.
- You will be given the opportunity to confirm the details again. After that, you can authorize the transaction with your fingerprint or 6 digit PIN. The transaction is instant and cannot be reversed.
Requirements to purchase Airtime from Kuda bank
Not anyone is allowed to transact on the Kuda bank Application. There are processes to use the application to transfer funds, pay bills and also buy airtime. You might want to know what these requirements are. See below;
- You must be a registered Kuda Bank user. This is the first step. If you haven’t opened an account yet, go to your app store, download the application and do so.
- You must have verified your account with your Bank Verification Number. To use any financial institution in Nigeria, your BVN will be required. This is only used to verify if it’s really you. So, there’s nothing to be scared about.
- The user must have at least the amount of airtime to be recharged in his/her Kuda bank account.
If you have met the aforementioned requirements, then you are good to go. Proceed to purchase your airtime with no stress.
Frequently Asked Questions.
Below are some of the questions we’ve been asked about purchasing airtime from Kuda. If you have similar questions, you can refer to this or ask us in the comment section if it’s a different one.
How much will I be charged to buy Airtime on Kuda bank?
Kuda bank is known as “The Bank of The Free”. This also applies to the airtime purchase. You will not be charged a dime for recharging your line via the Kuda mobile app.
Is it possible to be refunded after successfully buying airtime?
There are instances whereby the transaction will be successful but it won’t reflect on the phone number. This is not peculiar to only Kuda bank transactions. It depends mainly on the network traffic.
If by any chance you experience this, do not panic. The amount will either be refunded or will still appear on the mobile number.
How long will the transaction take to reflect on the recharged phone number?
The process is instant. It doesn’t take up to two seconds. After authorizing the transaction, it reflects immediately on the recharged phone number.
Do you have any other questions or enquiry? Then let us know on the comment section. We’ll be glad to give you a response as soon as possible. However, we do not have any connection with Kuda MF bank, this article is just for informational purposes. So, do not trust us or anyone else with sensitive details.