- 1 Cost of Nigerian International Passport Currently this 2021?
- 2 Renewal of the Nigerian International Passport
- 3 Documents Needed to Apply For a Nigerian Passport
- 3.1 Passport Application Guidelines: How To Apply
- 3.2 Related
The Nigerian international passport is your chance to enjoy international travel for business, leisure and explore different cultures, allowing you to travel anywhere in the world. Check out the prices for the new Nigerian international passport.
One of the necessary things you must have to travel abroad is your international passport. You should also be aware that there are two types of Nigerian passport namely: The 64 pages passport and the 32 pages passport.The 64 pages passport was introduced for Nigerians who travel frequently especially when they exhaust their 32 pages.
The new e-passport was officially launched by President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday, December 16. The introduction of new enhanced passport booklet and passport with a 10-year validity had various category of passports and approved fees.
The new passport has advantages which include passport with 10-year validity, self-tracking of application and express centers for urgent application. Other advantages include weather friendliness, compliance with latest ICAO standard, polycarbonate technology that reduced incidence of damage as well saves Nigerians in the Diaspora time of frequent visits to Nigerian Embassies.
Cost of Nigerian International Passport Currently this 2021?
According to the Punch, the cost of new international passport by categories include:
32-page five-year standard passport stood at ₦25,000;
64-page five-year standard passport at ₦35,000;
64-page 10-year standard passport at ₦70,000
The Nigeria Immigration Service says it will commence issuance of new passport in the Federal Capital Territory from December 4, 2021.
The NIS said the registration and the issuance of new international e-passport will begin from Abuja. Many Nigerians have expressed dismay at the price of this travel/identification document.
Renewal of the Nigerian International Passport
If there should be any need for renewal of a passport, it would be the same amount paid for 64 pages and same amount goes for lost passport also. We often advise that you apply for a new Nigerian passport and avoid the stress attached to renew an old passport.
Documents Needed to Apply For a Nigerian Passport
Before you would register or apply for the passport, the following documents should be made available at the Immigration Office:
- Passport Application Form
- Your payment slip
- Local government state of origin
- Driver’s license
- Local Government letter of identification.
- Birth certificate / age declaration.
- 2 recent colour passport photographs
- Guarantor’s form sworn to before a commissioner of Oaths / Magistrate / High Court Judge
- Parents’ letter of consent for minors under 16 years
- Marriage certificate where applicable
- Police report incase of lost passpor
- Two recent passport sized photographs in white background.
Passport Application Guidelines: How To Apply
1. Visit the Nigeria Immigration website
2. Find & click on the appropriate application form to begin:
e-Passport Application Form
MRP – Passport Application Form (Not Applicable In All Missions)
3. Choose a passport type “Standard e-Passport” or “Official e-Passport”, then click the ‘Start Application’ button.
4. Carefully fill the selected form; check the “I ACCEPT FULL RESPONSIBIL PROVIDED IN THIS FORM” check box then click the “PRINT” Button to print filled form.
5. Click on ‘Submit Application’ button to view ‘Applicant details page’
6. Click on “Proceed to Online Payment”
7. Click to select Payment Currency “Pay in Naira” or “Pay in Dollars” option then Click on ‘Continue’ button
8. Select the currency type you want to use to make payment (Naira or USD):
9. If you choose to pay in Naira, you will be asked to select PayType (payment method): “Bank”, “Credit OR Debit card”.
10. If you want to go and pay at the bank, selected “Bank” and click continue.
11. View the list of participating banks and then click on ‘Continue’.
12. The “Print Acknowledgment” button will help you print “Payment Acknowledgment Slip” with Transaction ID, Application ID & Reference Number.
13. With the copy of your Payment acknowledgement slip, proceed to a participating bank for payment.
On making payment at the bank, you MUST be issued with an ‘approved payment platform provider’ receipt that contains a “Validation Number”. You will need the “Validation Number” for confirmation of payment on the portal.
Once your payment is confirmed, you can proceed for the interview with your relevant documents. You can access your interview schedule, final e-receipt and acknowledgment slip using your Validation Number.
When going for the interview, you should take your NIS e-Receipt along with you.
You can print the receipt by clicking on the ‘Query your application payment status’ link. Select ‘Passport’ on the next page as an option under the ‘Application Type’ drop down. Fill in your Application ID, Reference Number and Validation Number (if applicable) and submit the details.
At this point, your full application details shall be returned then scroll down the page and click on ‘Print receipt.’ You will be presented with your NIS e-receipt in a new window. You can now click on ‘Print this receipt’ to send a copy to the printer.
Also, you need to generate your Passport Guarantor’s Form which you will also present. You can generate it by following these steps:
- Click on passport guarantor’s form at the home page of the Nigeria Immigration Service
- Enter reference and id number generated on the acknowledgment slip
- Click Print to print out first page and next to print out second page (You will still be required to click the Print button)
After your application, the documents you’re expected to take with you to the passport office include:
- Acknowledgment slip & payment receipt plus 2 recent photographs are applicable in all cases
- Copy of duly completed application form
- Printed and signed application forms to Passport office
- Photocopy of Data page of Nigerian standard Passport of your guarantor