Was your ATM card for Access Bank stolen or you unintentionally exposed your account sensitive information to criminals? Let me show you how to block quickly block the Access Bank account or ATM card with USSD code.
Since the merger with Diamond Bank, Access Bank is one of the most patronized bank in Nigeria.
The negative side of this is that fraudsters tend to target the bank more than several others.
As a result of this, the bank has introduced a unique method for customers to block their accounts at anytime or deactivate their ATM debit cards. This particular method is the use of USSD code.
What is Access Bank code to lock account or freeze ATM card?
The USSD code for blocking Access Bank account or card is *901*911#. For the code to be effective and deliver fast results, it must be dialed using the mobile phone line on your account with Access Bank.
You can also dial the code from another line if you can’t reach your own registered phone line immediately. Bear in mind though that if you opt for this option, you will have to go through some verification questions to prove you’re the owner of the account or debit card you intend blocking.
Unlike other alternative methods to freeze your Access account and card, this particular method with code is very fast. It actually takes far less than 5 minutes to get your account frozen.
Let me guide you on how to do that below.
How To Block Access Bank Account With USSD Code
- To quickly deactivate or block your Access Bank ATM card or account, dial *901*911# and watch for the instructions on the screen of your mobile phone.
- You will be presented with two options Opt Out and Block Account. Reply with 2 to choose Block Account.
- On the next screen, reply with 1 to choose Self Account or 2 to choose Third Party Account. If the account or card to be blocked is yours and linked to the line you are using, select the first option. If you are dialling the code from another phone or helping someone block their account, select the second option.
- Provide the Access Bank account number to be blocked on the next page.
- Enter your Access USSD banking PIN to authorize the “post no debit” order and have your account or ATM card temporarily blocked.
That’s how to simply deactivate your Access ATM card or bank account when faced with an emergency situation.
How To Unblock The Access Bank Account And ATM Card With USSD Code
- You can also unblock your Access Bank account or ATM card with USSD code. To do this, dial *901*911# and press 1 to select Opt Out.
- You will be asked to confirm whether the order is for Self or a Third Party. Select the appropriate answer from the listed options there.
- Enter your 10 digits bank account number in the space for it on the next page and proceed.
- You will then be asked to authenticate the transaction with your Access mobile banking PIN.
- Once done, your account or ATM card will be fully unlocked for debit transactions.
That’s how to unblock Access Bank account and debit card through USSD code.
With the information here, anyone can easily freeze his Access account or deactivate his ATM debit card from working.