- 1 What Is First Bank Code To Block Account?
- 2 Do I Have To Have Airtime On My Phone Before Dialling The Account Locking Code?
- 3 How To Block First Bank Account With The USSD Code
- 4 How Do I Block My First Bank Account From Another Phone?
- 5 Can I Unblock My First Bank Account With USSD Code?
- 6 In Summary
Would you like to learn an easy way to deactivate your First Bank account or ATM card? Here’s how to block First Bank account and ATM card with USSD code.
For some reason, you may one day decide to temporarily lock your First Bank of Nigeria account or even deactivate your ATM card.
This could be as a result of your banking details getting into wrong and unauthorized hands. For instance internet con artists, also known as Yahoo boys in Nigeria.
It could also be as a result of unauthorized debits by fraudulent loan apps which pry on their naivety of their customers to milk them dry.
Whatever your reason is, this guide will show you the fastest way to place a temporary post no debit (PND) order on your account with USSD code.
What Is First Bank Code To Block Account?
According to an official statement by First Bank, the USSD code to block your account or ATM card is *894*911#.
Customers of the bank are encouraged to dial this code to deactivate their ATM card or stop money from leaving their accounts after mistakenly exposing their banking details to unauthorized third parties.
While there are other alternative ways to achieve the same purpose, the use of USSD code is still the fastest way to lock your First Bank account in case of emergencies.
Do I Have To Have Airtime On My Phone Before Dialling The Account Locking Code?
No, you don’t. The USSD code is designed to work with or without airtime on your phone.
You can dial at anytime of the day – morning, afternoon or night. Whether on weekends, public holidays or within the 5 business days.
What is even most interesting about it is that it works on all phone types –internet enabled or not.
It’s one of the best security features First Bank has ever introduced for Individual Savings and Current accounts, as well as its business accounts.
How To Block First Bank Account With The USSD Code
To block or deactivate your First Bank account number or ATM card, dial *894*911# with the mobile phone line linked to your account with the bank.
You will be required to provide your 4 digits USSD banking PIN as a means of authorizing the Post No Debit order on your account.
In less than 5 seconds after authorizing it with your First Bank USSD banking PIN, both your account and ATM cards linked to it will be deactivated from making outflow transactions.
How Do I Block My First Bank Account From Another Phone?
If your phone is not available for you to block your First Bank of Nigeria Account or ATM card with it, you can do that using any other phone available.
To do that, dial *894*911# and enter your First Bank account number in the space provided for it.
Cross check it to ensure you entered it correctly before pressing the SEND key.
Provide other details you will be asked in the next pop-up.
Enter your USSD banking PIN to authorize the transaction and block your account successfully.
Within the next 5 seconds, your ATM card will be automatically deactivated. No one can use the details to withdraw money from your bank account anymore until you visit your bank to unblock it.
Can I Unblock My First Bank Account With USSD Code?
Currently this feature is not yet active on First Bank USSD banking.
The only way you can presently unblock your account and ATM Card after it has been blocked is by using the First Bank mobile app to reactivate the ATM card or visiting any of their branches nationwide.
Have you been searching for how to block First Bank account or ATM card with USSD code?
This guide was written for you. I hope you find the information here useful in locking or unlocking your account and debit card in case of emergencies.
- Vbank Code: How To Transfer Money, Buy Airtime And Pay Bills With *5037#
- How To Check Access Bank Account Number
- First Bank USSD Code: How To Buy Airtime, Check Balance & Transfer Money
- Union Bank USSD Code: How To Buy Airtime, Transfer Money, Check Balance & Account Number
- Polaris Bank USSD Code: How To Register, Activate, Check Balance And Transfer Money
- Zenith Bank Transfer Code 2021 Without ATM Card On Phone [Updated]
- First Bank Transfer Code 2021 To Send Money (Activation & Pin)
- How To Transfer Money From Kuda Bank To Other Banks in Nigeria
- GTBank Transfer Code 2021: Steps To Send Money To Any Bank in Nigeria
- All Nigerian banks USSD code to check your account balance on phone
- Access Bank Recharge Code To Buy Airtime (Updated)
- Sterling Bank Transfer Code on Phone (USSD)
- Access Bank Account Balance Code & App Methods 2021
- Union Bank Transfer Code 2021 USSD To Send Money In Nigeria
- UBA Transfer Code Without ATM Card in 2021
- Gtbank Quick Credit Loan Code & Complete Review