This page explains how to open a bank account for your child in Nigeria with GTB as a parent or guardian.
Opening an account for a child is a very good decision as it helps them to save more rather than buying everything that catches the glimpse of their eyes, it would even benefit the parents in many ways like reducing their expenses on such children, saving towards their future and also inculcating the good habit of saving in their children. This article is about how you can open an account for your child irrespective of the age with gtbank.
Financial institutions have made it very easy to safe towards the future of our children by creating an avenue for them to have their own account where they can save money, no matter how small it is.
There is nothing bad if a child has an account where he can save 90% of the money realized be it from family, friends or parents. Children can also save part of their feeding allowance to help their parents sometimes especially when they are financially down.
Also, parents should endeavour to save certain percentage of their salary for their kids at the end of every month, who knows, it can become useful to them as a parent later. They should also make sure that any money given to their child should not be spent lavishly on unnecessary things.
How to Open a Gtbank Account For Your Child
Gtbank is one of the biggest, oldest and best financial institutions in Nigeria with an asset base of more than N3.11trillion, up to 300 branches in the country, professional workers of about 10,000 in different countries and also 760 ATM terminals across Nigeria. In order to help parents secure the future of their children by saving, gtbank has introduced the Smart Kids Savings account which is for children under age 0- 17 years of age.
To open the gtbank smart kid savings account, you can either visit any gtbank branch close to you or you can open it on their official website online.
To open the account online, visit www.gtbank.com and follow the steps below:
- click on personal banking
- on the personal banking page click on account
- from the options, click on savings and investment account
- go down and click on smart kid savings account
- it will bring out a form page, click on open new account on the page
- the next page would ask you who the account holder will be, choose ‘my kid’ from the options provided
- choose sks account on the next page and fill out your child’s necessary information such as the full name, age, address, phone number if available etc. You will also be required to upload your child’s passport photograph and birth certificate as proof of age.
When the account has been opened, your child would be issued a debit card that can be used with any atm machine with lower limit than the normal savings account. The account would have no minimum amount to deposit i.e. you can save as low as #200 since it is a minor account. Meanwhile, before you can do all these, you must have an account with gtbank.
- Code To Open GTBank Account Instantly
- How To Block GTB Account And ATM Card With USSD Code
- GTBank Customer Care 2021 | Resolve Your Complaints Now (Lines & Email)
- GTBank Internet Banking 2021 | Make Transactions Online On Phone
- GTBank Sort Code | Check Your Branch Code Here (Complete List)
- GTBANK SALARY STRUCTURE IN NIGERIA: HOW MUCH GTBANK PAYS ITS WORKERS
- Gtbank Quick Credit Loan Code & Complete Review