Do you wish to start up a football viewing center? It is noteworthy to Know that with putting the right capital together, one can established a football viewing business that could generate huge profit regularly. Read this article to know how to set up your football viewing center.
Sport generally, is a very lovely game that attracts several engagements both from players and viewers. Everybody has a particular game he or she likes, for example I so much love basketball and I like watching it at any given opportunity.
Most people gamble for it, some leave their houses and streets to football viewing centers just to watch football matches and meet their fellow passionate fans. But as much as we like football, most people still cannot afford to buy a DSTV or subscribe to a cable network TV! to view these soccer matches.
Other games are football, volleyball, handball, sprints etc. of all these games football is the father of all. It gives viewing centers and betting centres life and has provided jobs to many.
- 1 Requirements for Starting Football Viewing Center
- 2 Cost of Setting up a Football Viewing Center
- 3 Challenges of Football Viewing Center
- 4 Why you Should Start a Football Viewing Center in Nigeria
- 5 Things to Sell in a Football Viewing Center
- 6 Conclusion
Requirements for Starting Football Viewing Center
Find a Suitable Location
Getting a good location is key to the success of football viewing centre business it should be a very visible and traceable place.
It is a competitive business, many people will always get attracted to nice environment. Check out how others arranged their centre and do same or improve on it. The room should be able to accommodate more than 100 persons. If it is an open place like field, construct a shade and cover it half way. Study the area very well before establishing the centre.
Furnish the Place
Furnishing the place has to do with the resources or capital available for use. If your capital is small then get a carpenter to construct wooden benches for you. Such that each will accommodate not less than 4-5 persons. As the business progresses and you have made enough money you upgrade to single chairs preferably plastics. It will make individuals sit comfortably on their own.
Provide Good Ventilation
Make sure you provide a very good ventilation in the room, it should have standard sizable Windows. Position standing and ceiling fans in strategic places if possible an AC (air condition). Due to the size of people that will be coming to watch matches the room will stuffy so make it airy always. This is because it can result in the outbreak of diseases especially communicable diseases such as airborne diseases like: cough, catarrh etc.
Use Large Television
Depending on how large the place is 3-4 television is enough, use flat screen, it will display good images, sound and colour which attracts good viewers.
The television can be brand new or fairly used ones, having plenty television in the venue will enable people make their choice of what to watch; especially when there is more than one match going on at the same time.
Install a cable to the television use a company that has the right to cover many popular matches globally e.g. multi choice and DSTV. They have the right to cover directly majority of Football Competitions.
Have a good subscription Plan
If you go for Premium DSTV subscription plan, you will be provided with UEFA Champions League, English Premiership, Spanish La Ligament, French League, Italian Series A etc.
Buy a Generator
Generator is a must for anybody going into football viewing center business. Because relying on PHCN will result in complete failure. Even when there is light you have to still use generator if you don’t have UPS. Because when light goes off booting of the cable will take a while and it won’t go well with your customers.
Using your generator when there is no light in the area will force people to come and patronize you.
Get a Board
Always write the match of the day and time of the incoming matches on a board. It serves as a means of advertisement, if anybody had forgotten about the match it will serve as a reminder. People that selects matches to watch will be able to chose which one to watch or the one they fancy most. It will also help them to be aware of the next match.
It is very important to connect a UPS to power the cabal and keep it running in case there is a trip or light fluctuation. Instead of the cable to reboot it will keep working. This is the same thing business centres do to keep their systems active before light is restored.
Keep a receipt booklet so that you can issue it to anybody that pays for the viewing. It will help you identify the people that paid if not people will watch for free.
Cost of Setting up a Football Viewing Center
The cost of setting up a football centre varies from one location to the other. Areas with more population will consume a lot of money than other areas.
Challenges of Football Viewing Center
- Most football viewing centres are always ransacked by police who think criminals or bad boys in the society goes there to hide. This sometime discourages some responsible persons who doesn’t want to experience such because police doesn’t know who is who, they will be forced to pick everyone seen in the viewing centre. And everyone must bail themselves out. To keep your viewing centre running successfully you have to register with CAC, if police knows you are fully registered they will stay off your centre.
- Fight sometimes broke out at the centre especially among rival club fans. Chairs and other valuables may be destroyed in the process. Underage children may turn the place for gambling so you have to watch out if not police will come for your arrest.
- Betting shops are making the business non lucrative because people now watch matches for free. You can go to bars that are showing matches buy a bottle of drink and watch the matches for free.
- You still have to run generator and pay for subscription even when people are not up to ten coming to view, it happens especially for certain matches. Matches are not played everyday except during local league , Nation cups, European, Football league and World cup. During off season you have to make plans for the time so it won’t be wasted and you become hungry.
Why you Should Start a Football Viewing Center in Nigeria
- It is sustainable because people will keep patronizing viewing centers. There is a general believe that football is interesting when watched in a crowd or with other people. By watching with others you can argue, analyse, counter, scream, quarrel, yell, sometimes fight ensues, bet, mock and also display intelligence in summation. It is fun to many viewers and they will keep going leaving behind their cabals at home and a more comfortable environment.
- The amount charged in any viewing centre is very cheap. Making it easy for many people to always come back to watch whenever there are matches.. Viewing centers especially those in the village charges not less than #100. Except executive places in major cities, towns, hotels, bars etc. Others charges #200 and above.
- There are always football matches on weekends and few within the week though not every week day.
Things to Sell in a Football Viewing Center
You can sell snacks and drinks it will give you additional income. Other things to sell are Groundnut Business , smoothies, fruit juice, pepper soap, fast food like indomie etc.
Football viewing centre is very lucrative if you know what to do. Don’t forget to draw your plans in other to run the business effectively. Note, the more viewers you get, the more money you make. People like comfort so make your centre very comfortable and affordable.
- Plantain Farming – How to Start a Plantain Business in Nigeria - September 2, 2021
- How to Start an Electronics Store Business in Nigeria - August 30, 2021
- How to start kunu drink business in Nigeria - August 26, 2021