In this post, we will do a detailed analysis of MoneyGram Vs Western Union and see how these two stand in comparison to each other.
Money-sending services can be a lifesaver as money-transfer companies provide banking services like money transfers, money orders, and bill payments to people who do not have bank accounts.Check out the differences between money gram and western union.
They are both popular services for wiring money around the globe, though their prices or charges may not be the same. They are both industry giants, and as such have the security procedures in place to guarantee they can keep your account and your money secure when initiating money transfers with them.
These companies are two of the biggest money transfer providers operating today, with decades of experience to back up their services.
The two operators are very similar in many ways. , both operate in a wide range of countries worldwide with hundreds of thousands of agent locations to make transfers more convenient (although MoneyGram’s 350,000 locations is a little less wide-spread than that of Western Union’s 500,000 locations), and both operators have made steps to modernize their services with applications in recent years.Their fee structure and exchange rate margins remain largely behind when compared with newer, digitally-led money transfer providers.
Features of money gram
- fast transfer
Features of western union
- good customer service
- good service at agent location
- it is convenient
Disparity between moneygram and western union
- It has a large customer base and a wide range of payout options including mobile e-wallets, cash pickups, and bank transfers.
- MoneyGram has a Plus Rewards program that gives users the opportunity to earn rewards every time they send money online. Rewards include a 20% discount off your second transfer, 40% of the fee of your transfer after every 5th money transfer, and exclusive ‘members-only’ promotions; western union does not have this reward program.
- The MoneyGram international app supports English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, and is available on both iOS and androids. The company also has many agent locations where you may be able to get assistance face to face.
- It authenticates your identity in order for you to be able to send money with them. This is done by uploading your passport or other identity documents (such as your driving license) on the app.
- As one of the largest money transfer companies in the world, MoneyGram is subjected to a number of regulations to ensure it is capable of keeping your money safe.
- For western union, customers can send money by phone, through the Western Union website, or in person. Charges can be high or cheap, depending on different factors which include the form of payment used, how fast the money is delivered, whether it is paid in cash or wired to a bank, where it is being sent from, and where it is being delivered to.
- The Western Union app is available in English, Spanish, and Mandarin, while the website supports many different languages around the world. The app is available on both iOS and Android to make international transfers more easy for users. The website has email and telephone options as well as a large resource centre for customer support.
- For security measures, Western Union has put in place a two-factor authentication protocol which is the Software Composition Analysis (SCA), an authentication security layer applied to your payment booking and account access.
- In some countries, western Union provides an additional service to pay bills via their service, simply requiring you to insert the name of the biller, the amount, and your account number.
Similarities between moneygram and western union
- One drawback of sending cash through these services is that they open or close with the stores’ business hours.
- massive global network of agents and banks
- they support international transfer to different countries
- they provide fast international transfer
- these companies are both licensed and regulated
Both money gram and western union operate the same way. Both are two of the most long-standing names in the money transfers space, and as such, offers secure and convenient ways to send your money to a wide range of destinations across the universe.
Having seen the Moneygram vs Western Union comparison here, it is now left for you to decide which one is best for you.