Do you need motivation to hustle and make money? Here are the 10 wealthiest people in Nigeria. You can also sit tight to be on the list someday.
Several African billionaires are added to the list of the richest people in the world by Forbes and other magazines every year, and Nigerians are also present in this selection.
- 1 Who are the top 10 richest persons in Nigeria?
- 1.1 1. Aliko Dangote $9.9 billion
- 1.2 2. Mike Adenuga – $7.2 billion
- 1.3 3. Femi Otedola – $1.8 billion
- 1.4 4. Jimoh Ibrahim – $1.1 billion
- 1.5 5. Pascal Uzoma Dozie -$1.1 billion
- 1.6 6. Folorunsho Alakija – $1 billion
- 1.7 7. Orji Uzor Kalu – $1 billion
- 1.8 8. Jim James Ovia – $980 million
- 1.9 9. Hajia Bola Shagaya – $950 million
- 1.10 10. Fifi Ekanem Ejindu – $850 million
- 2 Conclusion
Who are the top 10 richest persons in Nigeria?
The first three names are ranked as the wealthiest by Forbes, and the number 1 is also the richest black person on the planet; a spot he has held on to for some years now.
1. Aliko Dangote $9.9 billion
This name is famous not only in Nigeria but all over the globe. Aliko Dangote is a world renowned cement and sugar tycoon; he is the chairman of Dangote Group. Dangote is philanthropist and a close friend of world known philanthropist and former richest man in the world, Bill Gates. Dangote is on the top of our list because he is the world’s richest black man in 2021 and the richest man in Nigeria.
2. Mike Adenuga – $7.2 billion
Mike Adenuga is well known outside Nigeria thanks to his Globacom company. He won the ‘Companion of the Star of Ghana’ which is prestigious and amazing. He was awarded this title because of his large investments in the West African country. Adenuga’s current net worth according to Forbes is $7.2 billion.
3. Femi Otedola – $1.8 billion
Femi is the controlling shareholder in a company known as Forte Oil. The company was initially a BP subsidiary and owns more than 500 fuel stations across Nigeria. Femi’s net worth is estimated to be $1.8 billion. Femi Otedola is a well-known philanthropist.
4. Jimoh Ibrahim – $1.1 billion
This list of African billionaires includes Jimoh Ibrahim, the CEO of Global Fleet Group who made his fortune in oil and gas, insurance, real estate, hospitality, and other industries. He is well known in Nigeria and outside the country. Ibrahim’s net worth is about $1.1 billion.
5. Pascal Uzoma Dozie -$1.1 billion
This is the business brain behind different successful Nigerian entities such as Diamond Bank, Kunoch Limited and others. He is also the chairman at MTN Nigeria. His net worth is currently estimated to be $1.1 billion.
6. Folorunsho Alakija – $1 billion
Nigerian women also know how to make huge money. Folorunsho Alakija is amazing in different industries. She has businesses in printing, oil, and fashion. She is the world’s eighth wealthiest black person on the globe in 2021, according to Forbes, and is the richest woman in Nigeria. Her current net worth is over $ 1 billion.
7. Orji Uzor Kalu – $1 billion
He had even more money in the past but lost much of his wealth because of the drop in prices in real estate and oil. Kalu’s current net worth is estimated to be $ 1 billion.
8. Jim James Ovia – $980 million
Who doesn’t know Zenith Bank? The financial organization is one of the top banks in the country, and it was founded by Jim Ovia. Being one of the richest men in the country, he is also a member of numerous interesting organizations (both governmental and NGOs). Ovia’s current net worth is estimated to be $980 million.
9. Hajia Bola Shagaya – $950 million
Nigeria has many incredible women who earn millions of dollars and develop different industries and spheres of life. Haija Bola Shagaya loves fashion and supports art; she is a wife, mother and business tycoon. She has been a member of the board of Unity Bank for many years in a row. Bola’s net worth is $950 million.
10. Fifi Ekanem Ejindu – $850 million
Fifi Ekanem has her own individual style described as ‘neo-traditional’ and has won many awards for her talent. Construction is not the only industry Fifi loves. She also dabbles in oil and gas as well as real estate. Her net worth is estimated to be $850 million.
Nigeria’s economy is among the most vibrant economies in Africa. The number of wealthy people in the country speaks volumes about this. Entrepreneurs like Alakija, Dangote and Adenuga have kept their place on the list of Africa’s wealthiest people for many years.
- How To Start Solar Energy Business In Nigeria - June 11, 2021
- Hospitality Business Ideas You Can Start In Nigeria - June 7, 2021
- Western Union : How To Track Your Western Union Money Online - June 4, 2021