- 1 Requirements For Trucker Driver Jobs In Canada With (Visa Sponsorship)
- 2 Necessary Skills Required
- 3 Best Provincial Programs for Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
- 4 Truck Drivers Wages In Canada
- 5 Final Words
According to a recent assessment, the Canadian trucking industry would be short 48,000 long-haul drivers by 2024. This is fantastic news for truck drivers, as it will provide a fantastic chance for anyone wishing to immigrate to Canada to work in this field.
Furthermore, the transportation industry in Canada continues to experience significant demand and job openings for long-haul truck drivers. The Canadian government has also been supportive of these developments, providing work visas to suitable foreign workers seeking employment as truck drivers in the country.
Requirements For Trucker Driver Jobs In Canada With (Visa Sponsorship)
Let’s take a look at what it takes to get a job as a truck driver in Canada. This will assist you in understanding what is required to obtain a visa sponsorship truck driver employment in Canada as a foreigner.
The following are some of them:
- Permanent, full-time, overtime, weekend, day, night, and evening truck driver jobs are available in Canada.
For this employment, a high school diploma is desired but not required.
- Heavy-duty driving experience is preferred but not required.
- It is required to be able to converse in basic or functional English.
- This employment will necessitate the possession of certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, and other credentials.
- A valid driver’s license (Class 1 or A) and the Air Brake (Z) Endorsement are required.
- Tractor-trailer, Flatbed, Refrigerated, Highway, Straight truck (4,600kg+ or 10,000lbs+ with 3 axles) are examples of trucking and equipment types.
- Security and Safety: All applicants must pass a basic security clearance, a criminal background check, a driving record check (abstract), a medical examination, and a drug test.
- Transportation and travel information: they must be open to traveling across Canada and the United States. Willing to travel at any time of day, evening, or night, including overnight travels, and for extended lengths of time.
- Other requirements include the ability to work lawfully in Canada and the willingness to work in a two-person team to drive long-haul vehicles.
Necessary Skills Required
- Ability to drive and operate straight or articulated trucks for both the transportation of goods and materials.
- Cargo loading and unloading, tarping, and ensuring cargo safety and security are all tasks that must be completed.
- You’ll be able to organize your vacation routes and schedules with ease.
- You should be able to use atlases and other planning tools to assist you in preparing your trip. Gather data and transfer it to the central dispatcher.
- The capacity to drive as part of a convoy or in a two-person squad.
- You should also be able to inspect the condition of the car, as well as the tires, lights, brakes, cold storage, and other equipment.
Best Provincial Programs for Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
British Columbia is a province in Canada.
In Canada, British Columbia has a provincial program for truck drivers.
For candidates in British Columbia’s entry-level and semi-skilled category, which includes over 400 job openings, a full-time job offer in long-haul trucking is the gold standard. Long-haul drivers are allowed to stay in the province indefinitely.
More info on this is available here: https://www.immigration.ca/british-columbia-immigration/
With 837 job postings now available, Quebec is the province with the most chances for truck drivers. Truck driver employment chances are ‘great’ with their platform, according to information on the Quebec government’s employment website.
More info on this is available here: https://www.immigration.ca/en/quebecimmigrationprovincial.html
Along with three other occupations, the NOC code for transport truck drivers (7511) was added to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program Employer Job Offer In-Demand Skills Stream in July 2019.
More info on this is available here: https://www.immigration.ca/en/ontario-immigration.html
With almost 500 job opportunities on the employment bank, long-haul truckers are another in-demand profession under the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program. Truck drivers are eligible for both the Alberta Opportunity Stream and Alberta Express Entry.
Employers looking to hire truck drivers in Manitoba should complete a federal Labour Market Impact Assessment for Temporary Foreign Workers. Businesses can only hire outside of the LMIA procedure if specific requirements are met, such as recruitment efforts and adherence to provincial labor rules.
To learn more, visit https://www.immigration.ca/en/manitoba-immigration.html
Newfoundland and Labrador
This is a province in the Newfoundland and Labrador province of Canada.
In Newfoundland and Labrador’s Labour Market Outlook 2025 study, truck driving is identified as an occupation that will require significant immigration to meet job vacancy demand. Trucking businesses must apply to be qualifying employers for the NLPNP’s Skilled Worker and Express Entry streams.
Saskatchewan Immigration has a separate Long-Haul Truck Drivers Sub-Category for those who are already working in Canada on a work permit. The occupation is also eligible for the province’s Express Entry and Occupations In-Demand programs, which each draw focuses on a specific occupation.
Nova Scotia is a province in Canada.
Transport Truck Drivers (NOC 7511) are one of two target jobs in the Occupations In-Demand Stream of the Nova Scotia Nominee Program. This gives drivers with a clear path to permanent residence.
Through this program, you may be able to obtain a truck driver employment in Canada with visa sponsorship.
Truck Drivers Wages In Canada
Hourly pay for truck drivers is now competitive with national and provincial averages.
The median salary of truck drivers is slightly lower than the national average, according to employment bank and Statistics Canada statistics, but it can rise to more than $8 over that average, to $32 per hour, in a variety of scenarios.
Wages for truck drivers are predicted to rise in the coming years as labor market demand increases.
If you’re looking for a truck driver job in Canada with visa sponsorship for foreigners, you’ve come to the perfect place. These opportunities, as well as the numerous initiatives that provide them, were emphasized in this article.