This post will teach you how to make use of the UBA transfer code to transfer money from your UBA account to other accounts in Nigerian banks.
If you are reading this, it is either you are a new UBA customer or you have forgotten the code used for money transfers. But don’t worry, you will get all the information needed concerning the topic above in this article.
The United Bank for Africa (UBA) like other commercial banks, has also adopted the use of a short code to perform a number of transactions without having to go to a bank branch.
This code allows you as a customer to perform transactions like bills payment, purchase of airtime/data, cable subscriptions, checking of account balance, opening of account and most importantly, transfer of money.
We all have an experience of how the banks are usually crowded almost every time. The thing now is that the 90% of the reasons we go to banks can actually be attended to making use of our mobile phone. How sweet!
All things are possible with just a dial! But, we won’t be talking about codes for other transactions asides the one for transfers. In general, the UBA USSD banking is known as Magic Banking.
It will be divided into two(2) parts; transfer of money to UBA accounts and transfer of money to other banks account. Let’s move on.
- 1 Features and Benefits Of The USSD Code
- 2 What is the UBA Transfer Code?
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions
Features and Benefits Of The USSD Code
So what are the features and benefits of this magic with UBA? What does it entail? Well, you will get a response to those questions now.
- First, it is fast and convenient. Imagine sending funds from your UBA account to another bank many miles away under 2 minutes, and even without moving a leg.
- It works on all phone types. Be it an Android, blackberry, iOS, Nokia or any other device, USSD transfer is 100% possible. As long as the phone can dial numbers, you are good to go.
- You don’t need a data connection on your phone to send money. Unlike internet banking which requires you to have an internet connection, the UBA Magic banking doesn’t need all of that.
- You can send money as high as one million Naira daily. To clarify, this means that the daily transaction limit when making use of the UBA Transfer Code is N1million.
What is the UBA Transfer Code?
Enough of us beating around the bush. Let’s get to the point of this article. What is the UBA USSD Transfer Code?
The UBA Transfer Code to send money to UBA accounts is *919*3*account no*amount#.
On the other hand, the UBA Transfer Code to send money to other Nigerian banks is *919*4*account no*amount#.
However, before you can proceed, there are some things you must do. I will mention them in the next section. But, if you have done these things before, there is absolutely no need to repeat the process.
Requirements to use the UBA Transfer Code
Like I said earlier, before you can use the UBA transfer code, there are some things you must put in place. After doing all of these, then you can go ahead to make your USSD transactions.
- First and foremost, you must be an active customer of the United Bank for Africa (UBA).
- Your phone number must be registered with UBA. This is meant to come first because if your phone number isn’t registered, then you aren’t eligible to use this service.
- Also, you must be registered for SMS alert. That is, your phone number must have been registered to receive alerts from the United Bank for Africa.
- In addition, you must create a 4 digit PIN for all UBA code transactions. To create your own 4 digit PIN, you must be registered for UBA USSD service(Magc Banking).
Don’t worry, I will teach you how to register for the UBA Magic banking under 2 minutes.
How to register for UBA Magic Banking
To register for the UBA Magic Banking, follow this easy and simple procedure;
- Dial *919# on the phone number connected to your UBA account.
- As a new user, you will be required to register with either UBA account or UBA prepaid card.
- Follow the on screen prompts to create your PIN.
How to transfer money from a UBA bank account to another UBA account
Transferring funds to the same bank is usually free and has no hidden cost attached to it. It is known as intra bank transfers.. Well, follow these steps to try it;
- On the phone number linked to your UBA account, dial *919*3*account no*amount#
- Enter your 4 digit PIN to authenticate the transaction.
- The transaction will be successful, but otherwise only if there’s a network issue or the funds in your account is insufficient.
How to Transfer Funds from a UBA Account to other banks in Nigeria
This is known as inter bank transfers. Unlike intra bank transfers, this one attracts some charges to complete the transaction. Follow this procedure;
- Dial *919*4*account no*amount# on the phone number registered with your UBA account.
- Select recipient’s Nigerian bank
- Enter your 4 digit Magic Banking PIN
- Confirm the details.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are the questions that most UBA customers do ask and they have been answered. If you still have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below.
I forgot my UBA Magic Banking PIN, how do I recover it?
To change PIN, dial *919#, select PIN setup to change or reset PIN.
What is the Daily transaction limit on UBA Magic Banking?
The daily transaction limit is a total of one million naira (₦1,000,000).
Can I use the *919# banking on any network?
Yes, you can. All network service providers support the UBA *919# Magic banking. (Airtel, MTN, Glo and 9mobile).
You can contact the UBA customer fulfilment center at email@example.com or +234-700-2255-822.
Do you want to receive future updates like this from Financial Expert? If yes, go ahead and subscribe to our newsletter.
As a way to appreciate us, kindly share this post with others who you think might need it, sharing is caring.
- UBA Transfer Code Without ATM Card in 2021 - January 12, 2021
- Union Bank Transfer Code 2021 USSD To Send Money In Nigeria - January 11, 2021
- How To Borrow Money From Airtel Loan in 2021 | Check Eligibility - January 11, 2021